Swindon Foodbank people care passionately about their local community. They want to actively help others in need in their neighbourhoods.
Here’s how you can be part of the ‘big heart’ that’s at the centre of your community.
Without the generous donations of food - we'd have nothing to distribute!
You can donate food at any time, by dropping it off at one of our Food Drop Off points:
- the Distribution Centre - St Aldhelm’s Centre, Thursdays/Fridays 14.30 to 16.30
- Swindon Restore, St Johns Church Hall, Whitbourne Avenue, Monday to Friday 10.00 to 16.00
- Hairworks, Freshbrook Village Centre, SN5 8LY
- Swindon Emporium, The Craft Village, Butterfly World Wroughton
- Natwest Bank, Commercial Road, Swindon
Alternately, we regularly hold Supermarket Collection - take a look at our Events page to find out when and where our next collection will be.
If you would like to donate food, please take a look at our Food Shopping List to know the sorts of items we require.
Could you help Swindon Foodbank by volunteering your time with us? You could:
- help at one of our supermarket collections
- sort and pack donated food at the Swindon Foodbank Warehouse. Read The Baked Bean Journey to find out more. (Please note: the bulk of this activity is seasonal, opportunities are communicated via our newsletter and other volunteer communications. Sign up to receive the email newsletter)
- help give out food and talk with clients at the Distribution Centre; we are sometimes in need of cover for our regular operating teams
- display one of our posters to publicise the work of Swindon Foodbank. Download a poster or contact the office to request a copy.
General poster Christmas poster
If you can support Swindon Foodbank with some of your time, click the “Volunteer for Foodbank” on the Contact Form and let us know how you’d like to help.
Do your bit for Swindon Foodbank just by getting together with friends, colleagues, family and...
- give information on Swindon Foodbank to your boss, team leader, church leadership team, or Mother & Toddler group and encourage them to support Swindon Foodbank
- propose Swindon Foodbank as your company’s Charity of the Month
- hold a Swindon Foodbank food collection at your gym
- encourage your child’s school to give their Harvest Collection to Swindon Foodbank
For other fundraising and awareness raising ideas get in touch via the contact form.
Click here to donate using a credit or debit card online, via standing order, cheque, via text message, through Virgin Money Giving or to buy tickets to one of our fundraising events.