HELP - We are in URGENT need of small jars of coffee and bags of sugar along with longlife fruit juice.
Together we can help stop hunger....
Swindon Foodbank people care passionately about their local community. They want to actively help others in need in their neighbourhoods.
Here’s how you can be part of the ‘big heart’ that’s at the centre of your community.
Without the generous donations of food form the people and businesses of Swindon - we'd have nothing to distribute!
You can donate food at any time, by dropping it off at one of our Distribution Centres (see Home Page) or at one of our Food Drop Off points:
- Grange Leisure Centre, Grange Drive, SN1 2PX, Mon-Sat 07.30 - 23.30hrs, Sun 08.30 - 22.30hrs
- The Distribution Centre, St Aldhelm’s Centre, SN1 1QS, Mon/Thurs/Fri 14.30 to 16.30
- St Aldhelm's Church office, Edgeware Rd, SN1 1QS, Mon to Fri 9.00 to 13.00
- Swindon Restore, St Johns Church Hall, Whitbourne Avenue, SN3 2LG, Mon to Fri 10.00 to 16.00
- Hairworks, Freshbrook Village Centre, SN5 8LY, normal opening hours
- Freshbrook Church, Worsley Road, SN5 8NU, Mon/Tue & Thur/Fri 9.00 to 12.00 & Tue 14.30 to 16.30
- Natwest Bank, Commercial Road, Swindon, SN1 5NW, normal opening hours
- Charles Harding Estate Agents, 71 Cricklade Rd, Gorse Hill, SN2 1AA. Mon to Fri 9.00 to 17.30 and Sat 9.00 to 15.00
- Two's Company, High Street, Highworth, SN6 7AQ, normal opening hours
- St Sampson's Church, Church Lane, Cricklade, SN6 6AT, Mon to Fri, 9.00 to 16.00
- Ashton Keynes: Holy Cross Church, Ashton Keynes, SN6 6QR, Mon to Fri, 9.00 to 16
Alternately, we have Supermarket Collection boxes at Waitrose at Whichelstow, Tescos at Ocotal Way, & the Metro in the Town Centre, Morrisons at Dorcan & Haydon Wick, Sainsbury's at Mannington, Brunel Centre & at Stratton and The Co-op in Old Town & Wroughton.
If you would like to donate food, please take a look at our Food Shopping List to know the sorts of items we require.
Do you have the skills we are looking for?
Could you help Swindon Foodbank by volunteering your time with us? You could:
- Help on one of our harvest festival collections and sorting days
- Sort and pack donated food at the Swindon Foodbank Warehouse. Read: What Happens to the Food You Donate? to find out more. (Please note: the bulk of this activity is seasonal, opportunities are communicated via our newsletter and other volunteer communications. Sign up to receive the email newsletter)
- Help give out food and talk with clients at the Distribution Centre; we are sometimes in need of cover for our regular operating teams
- Display a posters to publicise the work of Swindon Foodbank. Download a poster or contact the office to request a copy.
If you can support Swindon Foodbank with some of your time, click the “Volunteer for Foodbank” on the Contact Form and let us know how you’d like to help.
Raise Funds & Support
Do your bit for Swindon Foodbank by getting together with friends, colleagues, family and...
- Give information on Swindon Foodbank to your boss, team leader, church leadership team, or mother & toddler group and encourage them to support Swindon Foodbank
- Propose Swindon Foodbank as your company’s Charity of the Year or Month
- Raise funds for Swindon Foodbank: Download the Fundraising Ideas List
- Encourage your child’s school or your church to give their Harvest Collection to Swindon Foodbank
Have you got any great ideas to share with us? If so get in touch via the contact form.
Click here to donate using a credit or debit card online, via standing order, cheque, via text message, through Virgin Money Giving or to buy tickets to one of our fundraising events.
Become a Corporate Sponsor
There are a number of organisations who have adopted Swindon Foodbank as a favoured charity, committing to give us regular support in one form or another. We’d like to give them acknowledgement here:
- Swindon College - The Big Lunch 2016
- Thrings Solicitors - Donations
- Nurture Marketing - supporting The Big Lunch 2016
- Banks Chartered Accountants - Regular donations
- Big Yellow Storage - Additional storage space for Restore
- FAB! - Running events for us
- St Aldhelm’s Church - Hall for distribution centre
- Gateway Church - Fundraising Venue
- One Step Joinery - Sponsoring the Van
- SDS Consulting - Sponsoring the Van
- Aura - Signage on the Van
- Highworth Lions
- GWPackaging - Boxes for food distribution & electrical works in the warehouse
- Imagine Cruising - Donation of our second van
- Pott's Partnership - Running cost sponsorship of our second van